Monday, October 17, 2011

how does your garden grow?

One of the things I love about our building is that it has a dogwood in the front bed (dogwoods are the Tennessee state tree - my old stomping grounds). Ivy had taken over the front bed and M+B had given us some bulbs to plant...a perfect excuse to do some gardening. I don't think I have done any gardening in 15+ years...It came back pretty easily - rip up what you don't want, trim what you do want. It actually was fun (did my mom just read that?)!
Hudson had fun cruising along the walk and playing peek-a-boo in the vestibule. Such a cutie!
 We pulled up the ivy and transplanted some across the sidewalk in the other bed that belongs to our building.
Hoping that if we keep watering it, it will take!
 Much better! I hope we can plant some pansies or mums for color...We'll see if we get around to it....
 Hudson was tuckered out and had a good afternoon nap after all of that "work." Maybe there is something to gardening after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment