Friday, August 31, 2012

new addition

We've been talking about it for a while. It's one of the reasons that Dave likes the apartment so much - we have the option to build up. There's room for a stair in the apartment and it would be *so* nice to have a getaway just steps away. The angled roof on the stair hutch is a necessary evil to meet those pesky landmark requirements. It will be nice to have a kid friendly deck....

...One day....

But for now, we're adding to our family (really? did you think I was crazy enough to take on another at home construction project?). Oops - did you miss that?
 We're having a B A B Y !  
I'm due on my birthday 1.13.13 which happens to fall on a Sunday - the day of the week I was born as well - not that this little one will choose to be on time. Let's look back to older brother Hudson who showed up 2 full weeks late!

But we are thrilled. More thrilled than if we were building a deck on our roof. How am I feeling? The first 12-14 weeks were a blur of exhaustion. Now at almost 21 weeks, I'm feeling better and I'm feeling the baby kicks and turns. I think Hudson will make a great older brother...although it's going to be an adjustment!


No comments:

Post a Comment